Study on standing desks as part of a more active workplace - Week 1 over
So as promised here is an update on how Stephen is getting on. Remember he is using a standing desk daily and also working in a cold warehouse about 50% of the day:
- His sleep pattern has completely changed mostly he reckons due to the extra activity and cold. In his own words he hasn't slept so well since he was a teenager.
- Energy levels he reports to be higher although he is much more tired from around 9pm onwards. This he believes is due to the increase physical activity.
- Appetite. An unforeseen side effect. Constantly starving apparently.
- Weight loss. Yes 1 Kg so too little to mean much at this stage. We will have some stats after 1 month.
- BMI, body composition, blood pressure etc we will have end Jan as we need more data points.
- Back pain (he has issues). Massively improved. Si joint pain significantly reduced apparently.
- Muscular pain.Yes. Tired legs and sore muscles by the end of the day.
So into week 2 he goes. It's a cold snap this week so he'll be freezing in the warehouse just as our boiler is fitted into the offices.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Liquid error (sections/article-template.liquid line 277): Could not find asset snippets/blog-sidebar.liquid